Twitter

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Seasonal Dates


   Hey Guys! I hope everyone is having a great start to their week, the weather today is absolutely beautiful! Such a perfect fall day. Now that the weather is starting to get a little colder (not that I minded the Indian Summer - I LOVED being able to wear my Jack Rogers for a little longer) I thought it would be the perfect time to talk about some seasonal date ideas! I love a lazy cuddle day just as much as the next girl but it's so fun to plan out a special date every once in awhile. So here are a few ideas that I have come up with! 

Apple/ Pumpkin Picking: Personally, I love to go apple picking! I recently went with my friends from college while my boyfriend was away for hockey (of course) and I had so much fun! It was so nice to get out of the city and see all the beautiful foliage while driving to a nearby farm. If my boyfriend was there I know we would love to walk around the orchard searching for the perfect apples - even though he's allergic and can't eat them. When I go home next weekend we plan on going on a pumpkin picking date and carving them together. I can't wait until then! There's something about the fall that just makes me so happy. 


Fall Desserts Day: Little known fact about me, I absolutely love baking. More importantly, I love love anything pumpkin. My boyfriend has taken to calling me his "little pumpkin head". I seriously can't get enough of it! I found a really amazing website with a ton of different fall themed recipes, I can't wait to try them! If any of you are into baking, or even just looking for something to do when you guys are bored I would definitely check out this website!
http://diycandy.com/2013/09/15-sweet-recipes-to-celebrate-fall/


Halloween Movie Marathon: What many people seem to forget about the fall is that it rains - a LOT. I think everyone gets so caught up in the leaves changing colors and such that they forget that it usually rains a lot in New England in the fall! If you and your boy ever find yourself stuck inside on a rainy day I suggest you have a Halloween movie marathon to get yourselves in the Halloween spirit! My personal favorites are the Halloweentown movies, Hocus Pocus, and It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. 

Costume Shopping: For another fun rainy day activity you two could go to your local Halloween costume store and pick out costumes together! Trying on silly costumes (or even sexy ones) would be so entertaining, especially if your boyfriend is as goofy as mine. 

Go to a football game: Friday night football and fall weather go hand in hand in my opinion. Catching a local football game (high school or college) would be a great date night. Watching the game under the lights bundled up in warm clothes with my favorite boy next to me sounds like a perfect Friday night to me.


Go to a Haunted House: Depending on where you live, you could go to a haunted house, haunted hayride, etc. My boyfriend will deny this till he dies but he is absolutely terrified of haunted houses and scary movies. I've gone to a haunted house with my friends before and I've absolutely loved it! Nothing like a haunted house to get you into the Halloween spirit!

I hope everyone has a perfect fallish (is that a word? It is now.) date with your favorite boys! If anyone has other ideas that I haven't listed feel free to comment below or tweet at me! @jr_hockey_gf is my twitter handle if you don't follow me already!

xoxo
Junior Hockey Girlfriend
   

No comments:

Post a Comment